Become a Friend of Limerick Jazz
Limerick Jazz Society has been promoting jazz performance and education in Ireland’s Mid-West for more than 40 years. In association with The Arts Council, Limerick City and County Council, RTE Supporting the Arts and The Umbrella Project, we have built a distinct national and international profile.
Limerick Jazz Festival has taken place every September since 2012, presenting leading Irish and international jazz artists at a range of venues across the city. Programming special events with celebrated musicians and recording artists, we work with local partners such as Mike Finn to create 2022’s drama The Eternal Flame, with actors accompanied by an all-star jazz orchestra.
Limerick Jazz has been increasingly active in jazz education since 2007:
- Limerick Jazz Workshop was founded in 2007 and has provided jazz education to more than 200 students of all ages and backgrounds. Students learn jazz skills in an ensemble format, guided by an expert jazz educator. They give a concert/ ‘jam’ performance in a public venue at the end of each Spring and Autumn semester to showcase skills learnt.
- The first ever Young Irish Jazz Musician event was staged at UCH in 2022, a rising star event that will take place every second year. Six young musicians from across Ireland performed for an expert panel of judges led by Bill Whelan. Limerick Jazz Society devised and promoted this event in partnership with the Improvised Music Company. We plan to stage the next event in 2024.
- At a local level we have already run a pilot scheme for the Limerick Jazz Schools’ Project. This introduces Junior-cycle music students to jazz and offers them the opportunity to play regularly in an ensemble. We plan to expand the project to several more schools in 2023/2024.
- At a national level we want to reform the Irish National Youth Jazz Orchestra (last active in the 1980s) as a week-long summer schools’ event hosted by University of Limerick.
It costs €450 to become a corporate Friend of Limerick Jazz. As we are a registered charity this membership is tax-deductible. It costs €250 to become an individual friend and we can provide you with the forms that allow us to claim back the tax on your donation.
Benefits for Friends include:
- Complimentary tickets to a Limerick Jazz Festival performance.
- Complimentary tickets to Young Irish jazz Musician 2024.
- Discounted tickets to other Limerick Jazz events.
- Prominent acknowledgement on our website.
We are offering an opportunity to link a successful Limerick arts organisation with a positive impact and reputation locally, nationally, and internationally. We have a track record of delivering on challenging projects and have ambitious future plans.
We have two major sponsorship opportunities:
- Title sponsor for our programme of activities for young musicians including Young Irish Jazz Musician and the Limerick Jazz Schools Project; and
- Title sponsor for Limerick Jazz Festival.
If your organisation would like to get involved with Limerick Jazz we would be very happy to work with you to develop a relationship for your benefit and that of the artists and students we work for.
For more details, contact Ed Hansom
Phone 086 6025661
Cheques should be made payable to Limerick Jazz Society and sent to Ed at Ryedale, Ballyclough, Limerick
Electronic payments can be made to our bank account:
Account Name: Limerick Jazz Society
Account Number: 43259183
Bank: AIB Bank plc, 106-108 O’Connell St., Limerick
Sort Code: 93 52 47